The Saturday before Christmas Wes and I decided to make Crab Chowder. It turned out delicious. I found a recipe at Edible Portland.com and we were off and running. The recipe basically calls for one to make their own crab stock. Our house smelled a little seafoody (is that a word?) for a few days. Next time, I'm going to step it up a notch and make bread bowls to go with it.
As part of a New Year's resolution to eat better, we signed up for the CSA program. We get fresh fruits and vegetables delivered to our door once a week. This was our first week and I made a Broccoli, Leek and Potatoe soup out of the veggies from the box.
It made enough for an a small army (well at least a big family). I love when the weather is cold and I can make soup for dinner!


No comments:
Post a Comment