9.18.2014

traveling....again

 Dieter and I were on a plane again at the end of August.  Work wanted me to come to the office for a week some time in the August to October time period.  To take advantage of Dieter being able to fly for free, I opted to take the trip at the end of August.  It was an extremely long day.  Waking up at 4:30am to catch our flight, sitting with an extremely tall toddler in my lap on planes that have no leg room to begin with, having two layovers, and finally making it to Fort Myers at 8:30pm (5:30pm California time).  Not to mention it took what seemed like forever for the rental car company to get us all taken care of.  Dieter was a trooper.  He loves to fly and take in new sites (he's his daddy's boy!)  The above picture is in the Orlando airport.  It is the shuttle that takes people back and forth from one terminal to the other.  He could have watched for hours. We rode on it a few times.  He was a happy camper.  
One thing I miss a lot about Florida is the beautiful skies.  Gorgeous sunrise and sunsets occur daily.  However, I forget every single time how humid the place is!  We sat on the Orlando runway for about 15 minutes before they turned the tiny plane on, thus turning on the air.  We were one big pile of sweat.  It took us the entire 40 minutes to cool down.  
Since we were going to be in Florida over Labor Day, I really wanted to take a drive a few hours north on the weekend or Labor Day to check in on my nephew.  He's a missionary serving in the Tampa Mission.  I emailed him to see what he thought.  Being the good kid he is, he checked the rules and had to decline.  What a good boy, but I really wanted to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment