12.12.2012

the stockings were hung...

I'm not a seamstress, yet I decided it would be fun to make stockings.  I suppose because my mom made stockings for all of her children, I feel like that is the motherly thing to do!  I googled for a stocking pattern and I saw some stockings with big polka dots on them and decided that was the route I wanted to go.  Wes did not want polka dots on his stocking...he just wanted a plain jane stocking...that's what he got.  I want to put our names on the stockings (probably embroider them), but that may have to happen next year.  I was lucky to get these done in time for the Christmas season.  On pinterest I found an idea to hang the stockings.  Instead of getting stocking hangers for all the stockings, just get two (which we already had...the christmas trees on the mantle) and then get a curtain rod and put it on the two stocking hangers. And voila you can hang as many stockings as you need to with only two stocking hangers.  You can see the curtain rod idea a little better here.

1 comment:

  1. Those are SO cute! Great job! I should do something like that, we don't even have enough stockings for everyone (I can't find another one that matches) so Jim and I usually share.

    ReplyDelete