6.06.2013

one project down....

One project down...at least 50 more to go!  Each time we get done with a project we feel accomplished for about 30 seconds and then realize there is always so much more to do.  I suppose that is the life of a home owner.  We have wanted closet doors or coverings for some time (well, let's see...we've been in the house 4 1/2 years, so it's been 4 1/2 years we've needed/wanted closet doors).  We found these at Ikea and they were on sale.  I'm guessing the faint print of tree limbs wasn't a favorite among the buyers.  I wasn't sure about them myself, but when they are about 1/2 the price of the plain panel doors, I happened to jump on the like wagon quickly.   The best part is we now have closet doors (all thanks to Wes...he had to do some figuring out how to do it since we didn't purchase an Ikea closet cabinet to go with the doors.  He did everything on the project.  I just sat back and watched)!
This is the project at 1/2 completion.  I forgot to get a picture before Wes started.  The reason there were no closet doors to begin with is because the previous owners took the closet from the adjacent room and put it in the master bedroom.  So the left side of the closet used to be in what is now my office.  At what is now my office has no closet.  I think they did this project close to their moving so they didn't quite get doors on.  Plus the two sides are exactly the same size so it was a little tricky finding coverings.  Once again, thanks to Wes, he figured that all out and now it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment