6.30.2013

pretty muddy 5k




Saturday was the Pretty Muddy 5k.  My friend and neighbor won free registrations to the event and was kind enough to give one to me.  The race is a run/walk 5k with obstacles along the way (a few of them include large amounts of mud!).  There was a costume contest, so we were trying our best the few days before to figure out costumes that would be fun and cheap (after all, we were going to drag them through the mud).  Miriam (on the far right) is in my ward and got our team together.  She named us the Bodacious Babes.  So we were trying to fit our costume around that theme.  I told them that whenever I hear the word Babe, I think of the movie Babe (you know the one about a pig!).  So I thought it would be cute to be little piggies (after all we would be dragging ourselves through the mud).  They had some ideas too including the tutus.  We basically put all our ideas together and here we are before the race in tutus and matching shirts.
Our wave of the race started at 9:30am and it was already super hot.  I think the high of the day was 105 degrees.  I ran the first little bit, but it got too hot real fast and I think I walked most of the way.  We had a lot of fun. Below is the after picture with my friend, Katrinka. I had to lose my tutu along the way.  Once it got muddy it was so heavy that I could hardly walk.





No comments:

Post a Comment