12.06.2013

cows say moo!

 
My Aunt (who lives next door to my parents) is the Webelos leader in their ward.  She likes to take the boys on outings.  She decided to take them to the bishop's dairy barn.  She invited us to tag along. Dieter loved the cows.  This particular dairy barn milks about 650 cows a day. It was kind of fun to go see the operation.  It had been years since I had been to a dairy farm.  I remember going once with a friend of mine.  Her family owned dairy cows and they would go to the barn daily to get their milk.  I remember not liking milk straight from the cow.  It did not taste like the milk I was used to drinking!
 Dieter got to get close to the baby calves.  We eventually got him to say "moo".  Now he knows what the cow says. 
 Inside the barn where the milking operation takes place.
 At the end, the farmers offered us some milk.  I didn't take them up on the offer, but Wes did and he said he loved the creamy milk.


1 comment:

  1. But does he know what the fox says? haha! Very cute pics, can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete